Betta Fish Care, FishTankWeb.Com – For those who rise this fighting fish, doing a great betta fish care is equal to loving the aquatic pet itself.
In spite of its stubborn and selfish side, this small fish has proved to be a great company.
For four years of its life, you don’t have to do much on the maintenance.
Table of Contents:
Betta Fish Care – How to Take Care of a Betta Fish
p>To begin all the “caring” things, armor yourself with adequate knowledge. The basic one will include how to recognize a healthy betta fish
Some indications should be inspected daily to ensure that your fish is in its best condition.
It should shine. Female betta fish color is not as bright as the male, but it surely glows.
The shining rule also applies for the fishes with darker scales.
The respond to movement
Being active is good. Betta fish could notice your existence. It usually swims happily to your direction, trying to grab your attention.
If you move your finger closer and further to the tank, betta fish should come closer.
It will inspect the shadow of your finger. Tapping on the glass is not appreciated.
The fin shape
Just admit that betta’s fin is the most valuable thing from the fish.
Observe the fin and see whether it is torn or damaged. Lump attaching to the fin is not a good sign, either.
You also need to know about the ideal food for the betta friend.
Learning some interesting facts and then setting some feeding rules might be a great help for you.Betta Fish Care
1. In the wild, this aggressive fish feed on larvae or small insects on the water surface.
2. Once in a day, feed the fish with some pellets made especially for betta.
3. Its favorite treat is blood worms. Give it to them only once per week. After all, treat is not the staple food.
4. Overfeeding could lead to various health problems. Not only overweight problems, but also low quality water because of the leftover residue.
5. Immediately scoop the leftover food, two minutes after the feeding time. Leaving the food more than two minutes means the bettas are not going to eat it.
6. If you buy frozen feeding, always thaw before serving to the bettas.
Betta Fish Care
How to Take Care of a Betta Fish Tank
first and most important thing is to imitate betta’s natural habitat. To do that, you need special setting for the tank.
1. Place no more than one male for the group of five females. Two males will fight until one of them die.
2. select the tank mates for this fish carefully. The rule is simple: neither too big nor too small. The big fish will eat bettas. Any smaller fishes will be detected as food.
The long finned fishes are not good either. They will nib each other’s fin.
3. Pick the minimum tank size of 15-20 gallons, if you plan to raise six bettas. Basically, the ideal environment is spacious. Shallow water is not a problem.
4. Set a heater and make the temperature to be 24 to 27 celcius.
In winter season, move the tank one meter closer to the radiator. You can also add mini heater to keep the water warm.
5. Install a filter to create slow current. Some experts suggest to choose the sponge filter. It will do less damage to betta’s fins.
6. Put rounded decorations only into the aquarium. Any sharp objects will hurt the fish.
7. Put some white pebbles and also live water plants. The plastic one will tear the fins apart. Live plants also add the oxygen supply.
8. Pour adequate amount of water conditioner to the tap water.
After the solution eliminates the chlorine and also chloramines, you can place the water into the tank. Mineral water is not a safe option.
9. Place a lid on the tank. If you don’t have one, then fill only 80% of the aquarium. Bettas are excellent jumpers.
10. Provide space on the surface to gasp air.
11. Make a day and night light for your bettas.
Turn on the light at daylight, and see how active it would swim. Turn it off at night to give some “resting”Betta Fish Care
For several days, you can enjoy your time on the comfortable seat. The only routine to do is feeding.
After it reaches a week, you need to learn the regular routine below.
1. Change the water. If you keep the bettas in two gallons tank, then remove 50% of the water and replace it with the fresh water.
For bigger tank, you only need to remove 10-20% of the water.
2. Add water conditioner to the fresh water.
3. Vacuum the bottom tank to remove any rotten food. You still need to do this even with water filtering system.
4. Make sure the fresh water temperature is similar to the tank water.Betta Fish Care
How to T
How to Take Care of a Sick Betta Fishould not be seen with naked eyes, some of them still escapes the parasite killing routine.
It makes the bettas sick. Make sure you know how to identify and provide the cure. Do the necessary steps to help the fish during the recovery period.
Less Energetic Fishescause of this symptom is the water temperature. The water is either too cold or too hot. Putting the temperature back to normal will help a lot.
Fin Rotref="https://fishtankweb.com/1123/complete-guide-betta-fish-care.html/betta-fish-care-guide-fin-rot-diseases" rel="attachment wp-att-1128">The fin part is fragile and vulnerable to excessive amonia. Even small amount of it will make bettas sick. This sign indicates that your tank is contaminated with rotten food residues.
You need to replace all water with the new one. Wash everything: pebbles, filters, heaters, to ensure there is no rotten food left.
Fin Bitingref="https://fishtankweb.com/1123/complete-guide-betta-fish-care.html/betta-fish-care-guide-fin-biting-diseases" rel="attachment wp-att-1129">In human, it is similar to self-destruction. Bettas do it because it is bored. The tank is too small for them to explore.
Providing bigger tank with more spaces to hide will help it.
Fin Fungal Infectionref="https://fishtankweb.com/1123/complete-guide-betta-fish-care.html/betta-fish-care-guide-fin-fungal-infection-diseases" rel="attachment wp-att-1130">You will notice white thread or clump attaching on the fin. It is he fungus infection. If left untreated, the fin will get permanent defect.
Replace the water with the fresh one. Add aquarium salt to kill the fungus. Do it for several days until the fin is free from whitish cover.
Popeyeref="https://fishtankweb.com/1123/complete-guide-betta-fish-care.html/betta-fish-care-guide-popeye-diseases" rel="attachment wp-att-1131">This could be found if you do careful inspection. You will see that the fish’s eye are protruding. It is caused by bacteria that lives in dirty tank.
Unfortunately, this disease is lethal for bettas but it is treatable.
Protruding Scalef="https://fishtankweb.com/1123/complete-guide-betta-fish-care.html/betta-fish-care-guide-protruding-scale-diseases" rel="attachment wp-att-1132">Watch your bettas move from above. If you notice unusual shape of the scale, it might be the protruding scale. Instead of staying close to the body, the scale are pointing outside.
This is caused by kidney’s problems, the result of eating bad food. The infected one is usually live food such as blood worms.
No medication found yet for this condition. Euthanasia is the only way out.
Betta Fish Care
How to Take
How to Take Care of a Baby Betta Fish bettas, which is very fragile without proper care. You might also get the babies from the bettas parents.
Which way is no problem, as long as you know the conditions to raise them well.
1. Separate the babies from the parent’s tank. Provide 2-3 gallons tank, with 80 degree temperature.
2. Install sponge filters. This is the best option for the fragile babies, creating slow current and minimum sucking power.
3. Put a thermometer ad make it point to 74 to 80 Farenheit. Do regular check every day.
4. Let the babies be under daddy care if they still have the egg yolk. After sixteen days of care, you can separate them from the male betta.
5. Feed infusoria as the first babies food. It is a liquid food available in pet stores. You will need eyedrop to measure the accurate amount.
6. Give the liquid frequently in a day. Do this for at least three to four days.
7. Pick live food such as brine shrimp when their mouth grows bigger. Keep this for three weeks.
8. Offer finely chopped freeze dried feeding after three or four weeks age. Repeat the routine for another two weeks.
9. Move the babies into ten gallons tank after six weeks. Don’t forget to do regular water change, two times in a week.
10. Give variety of foods: live, frozen, and dried. Wait until they reach one inch big.
11. Determine the babies’ When you are done, make sure to separate them into several bowls.
Betta Fish Care
Betta Fish Care Ti
Betta Fish Care Tips – Conclusionlt fishes for the pilot project, measuring how well you can raise them by yourself.
It takes time to familiarize yourself with the routine.
Then, your careful nurture allows the couple to breed into several valuable betta fries.
The way you take care of it says everything you know about betta environment.
Unless you experience it, you won’t know how easy yet challenging betta fish care is.
Please Support Us with Share and Like! Thank you!