Koran Angelfish, FishTankWeb.Com – One name that should be in the popular fish list is Koran Angel Fish. Similar to other marine water residents, this flat fish has stunning color.
This species’ body shape is the closest to a board, with its fins spreads to the end of the body.
It is not the only peculiar thing about Koran Fish. There are more secrets to dig than just its color.
Table of Contents:
Koran Angelfish Facts
You can learn things from book, but nothing could be informative and entertaining at the same time.
Therefore, facts list of Koran Angelfish is the trendier way to learn something new.
1. The first person to explain about this fish was no other than Cuvier. It was in 1831.
2. It has several nicknames. The two most popular ones are Koran Angel and Semicircle Angelfish. The less popular one is Pomacanthus semicirculatus (the biological name).
3. Koran Angel gets “semicircular” title because it does have C-shape stripe near the tail. This signs also helps to choose the right species in fish store.
4. The habitat origin is Maldives and Africa. The popular fish could also be found in Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
5. It lives in the middle depth of the ocean. If you dive thirty meters under the sea, you could be able to see this fish.
6. You can find the young Koran Angel in protected area with a lot of shades. Meanwhile the adult prefers to be in colorful coral area.
7. The teen phase body color is totally different from the adult fish. The younger fish has dark blue color, with lighter blue and white horizontal stripes as the decoration.
8. The mature fish have no dark blue left. It has been replaced with green base. The blue color could be found in its scale and head.
9. The growth from young to adult fish is incredible. Young Koran is only 3-6 inches. It doubles up to 13 inches in the adult phase.
10. People might have mistaken Semicircular Angelfish to Six-banded and Blue Faced Angelfish. They share similar traits.
11. In the wild, Koran could live up to twenty one years. The number will be bigger of you raise it in a tank.
12. This medium fish likes to play “King” of the aquarium. It marks the territory and claim the tank its property.
13. The young ones are faster to fit into the new home. Give longer time for the adults.
14. Koran Angel has bad temperament. It attacks its kind and any smaller tank mates. If you put coral in the tank, the semi-aggressive fish will nip it.
15. Determining the male and female Semicircular Angelfish is not a simple job to do. It requires many trials and errors, too.
16. The only guidance is dimmer color and larger size for the male fish. Also, the fins under its body (dorsal and anal) are pointier.
17. Compared to the other Pomacanthus species, Koran Angel has better body immune. The only thing to be taken care of is the tank cleanliness.
Koran Angelfish Reef Safe
Just like what is written in the magazine, any beginner or advanced fish lovers will do this: replicating underwater setting.
Of course it takes longer time and careful planning. Besides, choosing the living things are quite tricky.
Some can stay together in peace, and some might attack each other. Putting these things into consideration, there might be some components that will be crossed out from the list.
One of the problematic living things in a tank is the fish itself. Taking place in the top food chain, it has the biggest possibility to ruin the cohabitant relation. That is why, fish experts put “reef safe” into consideration.
Literally, it refers to fish species that feed on or tend to nibble the reef. By placing them in a tank full of reef, you already destroy the artificial ecosystem.
Koran Angel belongs to “not reef safe” category. It does both eating and nipping the corals.
To balance the environment, you could put the coral that resembles tree branches. For example, take SPS and soft coral. Koran Angel always let it grows.
Tank mates such as anemones and mushroom anemones might be the nipping target of Koran.
Koran Angelfish Care
In the fish store, this fish is famous for its rare breeding in captivity. Its pricey cost is related to the medium difficulty care level.
Make sure you know how to make ideal environment for this species.
The Tank Setting
1. Set the tank six months before use. This rule applies to all big sized angelfish.
2. Get the minimum size of 511 liters for the tank to keep a single Koran Angel. It is important to provide spacious space for swimming.
3. If you plan to keep a pair, then at least the tank should be between 225 up to 275 gallons. Any smaller aquarium than the mentioned size will make the fish stressed out.
4. Keep the temperature runs between 72 and 82 degree Fahrenheit. Avoid any sudden temperature change.
5. Place the must have decoration: coral rocks. Arrange them in a way which allows the Koran Angel to hide in multiple places. They are attached to the temporary shelter.
6. Install lighting to support algae growth on live rock. Make sure you set one above the tank.
7. Create slow to medium water flow in the tank. It could survive the strong one, but since it always explore the whole area, slow stream is better.
8. Avoid putting net in the tank. It could hurt Koran’s fins.
Angelfish’s Tank Routine
1. Make sure the water is always clean. Koran Angelfish is sensitive to low quality water.
2. Replace 30% of the water if you plan to clean once in a month. You can also change 15% of the water every two weeks.
3. If you put corals, then take only 20% water per month. For two weeks cleaning, you only need to replace 10% of the water.
1. Give three small portions of fish food daily. You can give live, frozen, or freeze dried food.
2. Pick vitamin added brine shrimp, finely chopped clam, or spinach as threats.
3. Throw in plant based food like spirulina to support the healthy growth. Don’t miss: Best Angelfish Tank Mates
Koran Angelfish Pricelist
Koran Angelfish – Conclusion
Something interesting makes you curious. It works also for Angel Fish. The name itself is catchy enough to take headline spot.
It will be more dramatic with the well known species in the genus: Koran Angel. Discussing it takes a skill of peeling onion at cost.
Steadily but slowly, you fall into the depth spell of Koran Angelfish.
Please Support Us with Share and Like! Thank you!